No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake

September 20, 2016

I have this undeniably sweet obsession with Oreos. I may have been choosing anything from a menu with the word "Oreo" in it. Specially if Oreo is mixed with cheesecake. I mean, imagine, 2 of my guilty pleasures, made into one! How can that be any guiltier?

And since I am a sucker for Oreo Cheesecakes, for the very least, I should be able to make this for my own right? And I did! I actually made it from scratch and not from those ready-to-make boxes out there. Booyah! But not to burst my own bubble, what I actually made was the no-bake version for the fact that it is way easier to make. Still though, a No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake is still an Oreo Cheesecake.

So behold, my very own No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake with Dark Chocolate Ganache and Twix Toppings



Ingredients: (for a 6in. pan)
Crust
☑ 12 pieces of Oreos
☑ 3tbsp melted butter

Filling
☑ 250g Cream Cheese, softened
☑ 200ml Whipphing Cream
☑ 10pcs Oreos, broken to pieces
☑ 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar


Toppings & Decoration
☑ 200g Dark Chocolate
☑ 5tsp of melted butter
☑ a pinch of salt
☑ 1pc Twix wafer, crushed


Tools
☑ Food Processor
☑ Electric Mixer
☑ Spatula
☑ 6in. Springform Pan


Instructions:
1. Prepare the Cheesecake crust. Since I don't have the pre-crushed oreos, I grind mine with a food processor, until obviously, it was finely crushed. I didn't remove the cream filling unlike what's traditionally done, but you can remove yours if you want. Then add the melted butter and then pulse again the food processor until both were combined. 

Pour and press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the springform pan. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.

2. Make your way with the Cheesecake filling. Whisk the softened cream cheese until smooth and then set aside.

In a separate bowl, mix the whipping cream using an electric mixer until stiff, and then gradually add the powdered sugar. Using a spatula, fold and blend the cream cheese into the whipping creme until well combined

Once well mixed, add the oreos broken into pieces and fold it with the mixture.

Pour the filling into the prepared crust and spread it evenly. I did tap the pan so as to distribute it evenly.

Refrigerate the cheesecake in the fridge overnight.

3. Decorate it. This is optional though. I opted to have a chocolate ganache topping and crushed twix topping but you can choose anything you want.

For the ganache, microwave the dark chocolate. Make sure not to heat it for too long for it will be burnt. Better do an intermittent heating, meaning I tend to remove the chocolate from the microwave every 15-20 seconds and then stir it. Once it was completely melted, I added the melted butter and a pinch of salt, just for some taste. 

To make the drip effect, spoon the ganache near the edge and then gently push it towards the edge with the back of the spoon. Do this until you've covered all the way around. And then finish off by pouring the remaining ganache into the center to fill to top entirely.

Add the crushed Twix wafer for some added decoration.


That's it! You've made yourself a very delish and mouth-watering Oreo Cheesecake. I hope you'll enjoy this comfort food as much as I did. 


Ciao!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments