A Day in KL.

September 10, 2015



Let me have a backtrack on my "post-summer" getaway I had last August. Having a 20-day all out enjoyment with my family, I can actually say that this was the ultimate getaway for me so far. Besides, we got a chance to visit 2 countries during this escapade - Malaysia and Singapore.

I'll start off with my stay in Malaysia - specifically, Kuala Lumpur. This was the second time I've been in the country and oh boy, I was fortunate enough to be given another chance to have a vacation in this uniquely diverse heritage. Actually, I am blessed enough to have sisters who arranged everything in this tour. (Both of my two sisters are living here; one in Kuala Lumpur and the eldest one in Penang.)

Since my sis' place is located in the heart of the city, we had our first tour here. My sis wasn't able to join us roam around because she's got work. Lucky for us, my mom and I already somewhat knew our way onto our destinations since we've already been here last year. I love how places here in KL  can be accessed by the railways which was basically what we did. So going from one place to another was never a hassle. First stop, Kuala Lumpur City Gallery. This is just stations away, and a bit of walking, from the place we were staying (Titiwangsa).  I highly recommend to put this on your to-go-places, mainly because of this photo op with this huge "I love KL" sign. And yes, no fee of sorts for this. You can take as many photo as you want, just as long as no other tourist are lining up to take theirs. If you want to go inside the gallery, that's when you need to pay. Each ticket (per person) costs RM5 (which is PhP55). Not bad for a gallery ticket actually, besides you can use the ticket to redeem anything inside the gallery of the same value.

This gallery feeds up the tourist with some historical photos and miniature mock ups of this city landmarks. 

The masterpiece of this exhibit, in which I believe are what the fees were for, is the huge scale model of the entire Kuala Lumpur together with an audio-visual presentation. Featured in this video clip were some Malaysian statistics and future construction projects.

After letting my eyes and ears enjoy the feast of Kuala Lumpur's culture, it's time for my mouth to have its own banquet. At the end of the exhibit is a souvenir/gift shop and cafe where you can now redeem the ticket you have on your pocket. Since my parents gave me theirs, I spent my RM15 worth of tickets in Arch Cafe for desserts. Spent a good ol' money in there. 

We headed forward on our little trip and went straight to "Merdeka Square" or as they call it, "Independence Square". It was a mere walk from the KLC Gallery, literally just outside it. I suggest you use some good protective hat, a much bigger one, to protect yourself from the scorching sun shimmering on this field. Merdeka Square is like a giant football field, with a perfectly covered green grass lawn. Good for some relaxation, I guess (when the sun is not on its peak). Turn your head to your right and you'll see  Sultan Abdul Samad Building; and the Royal Selangor Club on the opposite side. Unfortunately, we haven't got the chance to visit these buildings because of some time constraints. I did have a photo overlooking these buildings though, basically because it is just overlooking on the sides of the Merdeka Square.

Going on, we went straight to Berjaya Times Square to find myself an appropriate sneakers for my hospital duty but failed to do so. Considering this failure, we set off to Suria KLCC in hopes of finishing my task. It was a good thing that Rapid KL made everything else easier that getting to these places was just a piece of cake.

Suria KLCC is a shopping centre located at the foot of the Petronas Twin Towers. Being in the middle class, the shops here in Suria KLCC are way to pricey for me, all of which are expensive branded boutiques. So not much of a shopping happened here, except for my new pair of Nike Roshe One iD white, which is perfect for my hospital duty.

I consider myself lucky to get a good shot with the Petronas Twin Towers, considering that it was raining when we got there. The weather here truly is unpredictable, the sun was shining brightly a while ago and then suddenly, this rain poured down. Heavily. Talk about having some mood swings there, eh Mr. Sun?
Despite this iffy weather, one thing's for sure... The view here is breathtakingly exquisite; may it be sunny or rainy.



---------------------------------------------

This sums up everything. And that, my friend, is how we spent our one day in the heart of KL. See yah on our next pit stop!

You Might Also Like

0 Comments