Singapore Adventure 1.0

September 22, 2015


Singapore was originally one of the Malaysia's states. It was an unending political disputes which created communal tension, that lead the Malaysian government to separate Singapore from their ruling. It was then, in 1965, the birth of Singapore as a stand alone country took place. Presently, the two countries had been peacefully coexisting with each other.

Setting this aside, I, as what previously have mentioned, did a cross-country trip from Malaysia to Singapore. Going there, we traveled by air via Jetstar airlines and landed on Changi International Airport, which was awarded as the "World's Best Airport in 2015". Lucky for me, I get to experience the best.
Changi Airport Arrival Terminal

Before starting our all-day-long tour within the city, we must go to our hotel to leave our baggage. And just when everything couldn't be much better, we were able to get a room in one of the most prestigious hotels in the world, Marina Bay Sands Hotel. Even I, myself, couldn't believe this experience. I thank my sister for fulfilling one of my bucketlist.



Pardon me for being so irrationally excited with this, but this was actually my first on a luxurious hotel, so bear with it. Anyway, as we checked in, we were given 2 hotel key cards which will be our elevator and room access. We got a room from the 23rd floor which was superb! In there, were 2 king sized bed, perfect for the 4 of us. And the view was just so lovely, which could have been better if we were on the higher floors. But I could really not complain, after all I had never imagined myself seeing this view with my own pair of eyes. 


Moving on, we left the hotel and did a little walk in The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands. The mall was so glamorous with its luxurious boutiques like Chanel, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Gucci -  brands that are way out of my pocket's league. A Venetian-style canal runs along the shops where you can get to experience a Sampan ride, similar to the Gondola ride of Venetian of Las Vegas. 







And so, after indulging ourselves into these fanciness, we had our lunch, which was literally our first meal in Singapore, in Rasapura Foodcourt. If you are looking for a variety of Asian foods at a reasonable price, this is a place to go. Take note, a lot have been coming here to eat so getting your seats can take time. But I assure you, its all worth it.

I got myself a simple noodles and roasted duck.
Onto our next destination, we headed towards the railways again and set off to Sentosa Island. Fortunately, like in KL, trains offered an easier and a much cheaper way of traveling within the city. Although, it can get a bit confusing at first but once you know how to read and follow their system map, everything would be an easy-peasy.

Sentosa is an island resort, so yeah, a ticket is a must to get in there. We got ours at Vivo City.



Arriving at the first station in Sentosa Island was where we were greeted by this famous Universal Studios logo, in front of USS (Universal Studios Singapore) theme park. Good thing it is outside of the theme park, so anyone even those who didn't pay for the theme park can get their photo here.



For all the chocolate lovers out there, this place got your favorite photo op...

Off to the next island, and by that, I meant the last island was Palawan. No, I was not mistaken and I'm not yet back in the Philippines, although I would also really want to visit Palawan, PH. Anyway, we didn't visit the second island, since we're having a bit of a time-constraints again. But I didn't mind that, for I got to experience one of the highlights of my SG trip - Luge
Luge is a fun-filled gravity thrill ride which is safe for all ages. With a unique braking and steering system, you can choose to take a leisurely cruise or race down the 688 metre Dragon trail or 628 metre Jungle trail – 1.4 kilometres of fun day and night. The experience is never complete without the Skyride. Board the Skyride for a scenic bird’s eye view of Sentosa Island, Singapore city Skyline and South China Sea. - Sentosa
Overlooking view of South China Sea.
And because once is never enough with 'em, I got to experience the Luge ride 3 times! It was so much fun, I think thrice was never enough!... Check out my very short and very low quality Luge video ride. Hahaha!




After a long, tiring but fun day, we spent the rest of the night enjoying our 'lil dip in the much publicized Infinity Pool of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. I let my eyes drowned onto the spectacular night-time view of Singapore city. Too bad the pool was open only until 11:00 PM. So much for overindulging.




I ended the day absorbing the fun I just had; which was way to much for me to absorb. And I just cannot contain my excitement for the next day! 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments