Langkawi Island Hopping

October 16, 2015


Moving along to my ultimate summer getaway, was a visit on Malaysia's one of the most popular beaches, Langkawi island. It was like, the Boracay of Malaysia. This island was not only famous for its beaches, but also for their tax-free products including my fave, chocolates!

I was really excited on the way, thinking aside the fact that we need to experience this stomach-swirling ferry boat ride before getting onto the island. The good thing though, I didn't feel a bit nauseous during the 1-hour ride.

It is highly recommended to rent a car so as to have a chance to roam around the island with ease. And that was what we did as soon as we get off to the ferry terminal.

The house we got was just literally a room, with two masters beds and a comfort room. It was more than enough for us since we'll be out most of the day. 

Kick starting this adventure, was an island-hopping. The speed boat ride itself was such a very exciting adventure already! We were literally jumping from our seats with each waves we've passed. Nope, not a bit scared back there, instead I was thrilled all throughout. Hahaha!


First island we've stopped for was where the Lake of Pregnant Maiden can be found. It is a fresh water lake in an island in the midst of an ocean. From a certain angle, you can see the hills of Dayang Bunting Island resembling a lying pregnant woman, hence the name of the lake. Too bad my phone was corrupted and all the photos I've captured we're good as gone, including a photo of this resemblance. Though on the bright side, I've still got some photos from our camera.

Anyway, we were given 2 hours to enjoy this island, for we still need to visit other islands.

A little hiking was needed to get to the center of the island where you can meet monkeys and iguanas as you go along. Oh, and mind your belongings, as these monkeys may look adorable but they seriously love taking things off of you.


Reaching our destination, I say the lake was magnificent itself. Legend says that this lake possesses magical cure to those women having difficulty of conceiving a baby.
A floating platform was set up into the lake for the tourists to have a relaxing picnic or whatsoever. Paddling, kayaking and swimming are the activities that you can choose from, in which we chose paddling. Although I have a bit of a skill in swimming, I didn't dove myself off into this lake for a I am afraid of swimming into deep waters (and besides, I'm not yet ready to be pregnant! hahaha!).


Paddling and circling the lake (with my sis), I devoured the lake's beauty starting from its deep, calm water to its trees with different shades of green that covered the mountain. It was very calming seeing this natural work of beauty. The scene was just so soothing that I never felt any hint of tiredness from  paddling for almost half an hour.



Setting ourselves off onto our next stopover, is an island where Langkawi eagles can be found. A number of eagles were circling around the boat,  flying freely. Although, I admit it, I'm not that much thrilled at this time.

Ending the trip, was on the last island, where we get to enjoy a dip onto this white-sand and clear-water beach. 



We truly had a relaxing time here because there was no crowd in here. We were actually the ones at the beach, so we literally have the beach for ourselves. 

You Might Also Like

0 Comments