Singapore Adventure 2.0

October 10, 2015

Onto my second, and sadly also my last day in Singapore. We started it with a breakfast buffet at the hotel lobby. The hotel cards were needed to enjoy this eat-all-you-can buffet. And since we only have 2 hotel cards, my parents decided to just eat outside and let me and my sister have the buffet. We were greeted by a Filipina hotel clerk which was not actually surprising 'coz many of our OFWs have been working in SG. She led us to our seat, and offered us our eating tools and napkin. The buffet serves western and asian cuisines. I opted to eat westernly; choosing waffles, bacon, eggs, mashed potatoes and yogurt.

After a burped-full breakfast, we changed clothes and headed up to the Infinity Pool. I treasured every second I had with my very first crossed-off bucketlist. It was a bit cloudy at that time which is perfect for a morning dip...
This was just unforgettable. For a moment there, I was literally just staring below, cherishing every view my eyes could gaze upon. I could never get tired of this view, too bad this was my last day. :(

After spending hours of enjoying myself into the longest & highest infinity pool in the world, it is time for us to pack up our stuff and leave this luxurious hotel.

We checked out at around 1:00PM. And since we will be back in Malaysia not until 10 in the evening, we decided to just stroll around to kill some time. It was a good thing that the hotel got their concierge where guest are allowed to deposit luggage. We were able to wander around more without the weights of our bags. 

And so, we went on to our SG adventure. First itinerary was on Gardens by the Bay. It was a bit of a struggle, roaming around the park with the sun on its highest so we ended up relaxing on this shaded wooden hut (and because the entrance tickets are not included on our budget). But hey! I did enjoyed my time here. Seeing nature in the middle of a city was such a refreshing view to the eye.




Finishing this 2 days vacay on SG, was a visit on One Fullerton where the very famous Merlion Park was located. Standing at the center of the park was the 8.6-meter tall Merlion Statue spewing water onto the Marina Bay. 
The body symbolizes Singapore's humble beginnings as a fishing village when it was called Temasek, meaning 'sea town' in Old Javanese. Its head represents Singapore’s original name, Singapura, or ‘lion city’ in Malay. - Visit Singapore
The park has an overlooking view of the Marina Bay plus the MBS Hotel, which was a breath-taking sight.

As we go along our way back to the hotel, was another spectacular scene- the high-rise buildings of the city, which was even more picturesque at night. Too bad we've got not much time to savor everything.


Heading back to Malaysia, was a 5-6 hours bus travel. Good thing travel buses here are much more comfortable than the conventional buses in the Philippines, with a reclining and massaging seats. Oh, and we did have to stop for the immigration, both for Singapore and Malaysia. Everything was the same as what was happening in airports - interview with immigration officers, checking of passports, checking of luggage. 


We did got back to Kuala Lumpur safely, but incompletely. I forgot my glasses at the bus. I was so sleepy getting out of the bus that when I realized my missing glasses, the bus was already on the run. :(



---------------------------------------------
That pretty much sums up my 2 days Singapore visit. I really did enjoy my stay here, although it is a bit short for me. If given a chance, I would really much love to go back in this beautiful country.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments