TryCook 101: Oreo-Smores Rolled French Toast

November 03, 2015


I admit it, I am not the biggest fan of marshmallows. I even have to remove each one of them before I let myself indulge in a dessert with marshmallows on it. Not until I had a taste of smores that I finally made an exception for my dislike with these fluffy sweets. But I will still be removing each of 'em from any other desserts I'll be having (I am such a picky eater. I know!). And the delights of smores made my convoluted brain come up with a little food experiment. With the use of the all-time-favorite sandwich-cookie, comes my very own "Oreo-Smores Rolled French Toast". Though, I'm not quite sure if I was the first to conceive this idea, but still I came up with this on my own.

Anyway, you'll be needing:
  • Loaf bread
  • Oreos (Chocolate Cream fillings)
  • Butter
  • Chocolate bar (or Chocolate Spread)
  • Marshmallows (or ready-made Marshmallow spread)

1. Flatten the loaf. Place the loaf bread on a clean, flat surface and flatten it using of the heel of your hand or a rolling pin if you have one. Press down firmly until you flatten the bread evenly.
2. Disassemble the oreos. Remove the fillings using a bread knife. Place the fillings and the oreo cookies in a separate container.
3. Crush the oreo cookies. You can either use a pounder or a grinder for this. I used a grinder to make an even, finely crushed oreos.
4. Make your chocolate spread. This is optional if you have ready-made chocolate spread. Cut the chocolate bar into smaller pieces and put it in a microwave-safe bowl (I added butter in it for an extra saltiness). Place the bowl in the microwave and set the timer for for a minute or so. Make sure to check and stir your chocolate every 15 seconds to avoid burning the chocolate. Repeat the process until all the chocolate melts.
5. Spread the chocolate over the flatten bread. First, spread the chocolate fillings of the oreo that you've separated, then use the melted chocolate. Spread evenly.
6. Place the marshmallow onto the bread. With the bread in a diamond-position, assemble your marshmallows in the middle. Or use your marshmallow spread instead.
7. Roll the bread. Turn up the bottom corner and roll upwards. Fold in the left and right corners, making sure the filling is nicely packed. Continue rolling and then seal the roll by pressing gently.
8. Refrigerate the rolls for about 5 minutes. This is for the roll to hold its shape, even during frying.
9. Coat the marshmallow rolls. First, dip the roll into the beaten eggs, then into the crushed oreos. Make sure to coat all sides of your roll.
10. Fry the rolls for 5 to 10 minutes. It's done when you feel the bread to start becoming hard or crunchy when you tap it with the spatula or when the mallows starts oozing out of the bread
11. Serve the marshmallows rolls. You can either serve it as it is, or cut it into two. 



Voila! That's it folks! Very easy to make and surely satisfies your sweet-tooth cravings. Hope you'll like it! 


You Might Also Like

0 Comments