An Almost Encounter with the Celebrities

May 14, 2019

Moving on with my ancient post is my visit to one of the most famous wax museums in the world - Madame Tussauds. Just a brief history, this museum was originally founded in London by the sculptor Marie Tussauds. The museum is scattered all throughout the world - Europe, America, Australia and of course, Asia. There is one in Singapore, which I’ve never been into even though I've been in the country every now and then, but maybe I’ll pay a visit there sometime?

We allotted almost half of our 2nd day excursion here in this notable museum.The museum was located on the top floor of Siam Discovery. I believe we got the tickets through an agent that my sister saw from the internet. And I forgot how much we’ve paid for it and who could blame me? This was from almost 2 years ago. Oh yes, you may. 'Coz I could have just posted this weeks after not years after. Hahaha.

We were first greeted by some of the most famous leaders worldwide including Queen Elizabeth.

Next stop was a section for some of the greatest minds (now & then), including the Albert Einstein, Ludwig Van Beethoven and the most famous one today in our century - Mark Zuckerberg.
 
 

A good thing about this museum was that it was somewhat "interactive" in a way that visitors can do so much with the wax figures like doing some silly poses with them or something. Also, props were provided so as to make your photo-ops much more believable, like you were blending in with these famous personalities.

Moving along was a room for the sport fanatics, which I am not but I still grabbed the opportunity to take a snapshot with the very handsome and undeniably hot, David Beckham. How I wish he was the real David back then, but this was way better than nothing right? At least I got to have an “almost” hug on him. Hahahah..

Please excuse the fact that I have no idea who these guys were and only took a photo with them because I was just actually waiting for my turn with David Beckham (plus the poms-poms were very cute). Excuse me for any football enthusiasts out there. 

But of course, the sports area won't be complete without showcasing Asia's most famous sports icon - the basketball player, Yao Ming. He was indeed so tall, with a height of 7ft 6 in, I looked like a flabby (I was, in the photo. But now, hahah, that little pig is no more :P ) elf beside him. 

From all the adrenaline brimming through my veins as I was so excited to see my forever crush whom I will reveal later, I was able to  pick this 50kgs barbell up! Hahaha. Just kidding, it was only less than kilo if I remember. :P

Wandering further into the museum, I got myself to the zone where all the faces were finally very much more familiar -- the Hollywood. Woot! Woot! Talk about being an aficionado. In the next photos, you'll get to see my photos with some of the popular stars I normally see on screens only. It may not be the real ones but its the next best thing so I could not complain with that. And I consider myself lucky with that.
So, we'll start first with the voices behind the most popular songs we've heard like Hot N Cold, Billie Jean, Single Ladies, Poker Face and Like A Virgin. I'll let the photos do the namings.
 
The most popular section in this museum, I believe, was the One Direction plane. I mean, there are seriously a lot of other visitors, specifically young teenage girls(us included), who are lining up to get their photos with the boys. We even have to skip it for awhile to wait for the crowd to subside just so we can have them all by ourselves. Plus, I was with my cousin who was an avid fan of One Direction that a photo here was of the essence. Too bad the group was one less of a hottie now.

Excuse me for being clingy with my favorites. Hahaha!
 


If my cousin's kryptonite was the 1D, I for myself got one too and that is Mario Maurer. I have this very huge crush on him the moment I first saw him in the movie “Crazy Little Thing Called Love”. He was just so adorably handsome there!

The minute I turned the corner and saw this handsome wax figure of Mario Maurer, I fell down on my knees (well, figuratively). I cannot believe I can now have a photo with him!! Gyyaaaahhhh! This must be how my cousin was feeling when she saw the 1D.

Anyway, I spent a good 10 minutes (or more) just to appreciate and get myself a photo with Mario, with all the poses I could ever think of.

And of course, Hollywood will never be complete without the most sought-after actors and actresses of this century.
I just have to experience the feeling of being confused on whether to press the x buzzer or not before moving to Oscars Award. Hahaha
   

Who would have thought that I'll also bump into these Amazing Superheroes????? Guess no villains were attacking now that's why they've got enough spare time that they decided to drop by here. Hahaha!
   

Wrapping these all up was a short film entitled "Ice Age 4D: No Time for Nuts" which showed the constant chase of Scrat (as usual) on his most beloved acorn. The film was, from the title itself, rendered in 4D where  viewers can experience the same splashes of water and gush of wind from the movie. This was complimentary with the ticket so we watched it, aand yes I enjoyed it (the child in me was in for laughs that time).

And that concludes my little adventure with these famous icons . The wax figures were made meticulously that some might actually be fooled by its life-like features. Kudos to Ms.Tussauds for coming up with this kind of attraction. And by that, I present this Oscar Award trophy to all the people behind this museum. Hahaha!


 ----
My experience here was definitely one for the books (or for the blogs) that I will surely treasure. I may not snatched a snapshot of every single wax figures that the museum offered (because I do not really know them per se), the fact that I got lots of photo with my Mario, was good enough for me.









You Might Also Like

0 Comments