Birthday 2019

May 24, 2019

Exactly one month ago, I celebrated my 27th year here on earth. Ahhhh! I am getting older now! However, I do not feel that way; it just feels like another year has been added to my age and that is it. Hahah! I live by the quote of “Age is just a number”. I honestly did not get "that" heavy feeling that others get whenever they are past their silver years already. I think they call them "Quarter Life Crisis"? I mean, I still do not take everything seriously unlike those who think maturely and I believe I am not yet ready to settle down with my own family as compared to all my others friends who already did. I may be a late-bloomer after all. Setting this aside, I celebrated my birthday here in Qatar again and it was the third time and I've got no regrets for this. (except for the fact that I cannot be with my family physically)

Still though, I was so lucky to have some great set of friends here in Qatar that they never fail to greet my birthdays with cakes. ‘Coz they know me too well enough to know that I am a certified sweet-toothed. Haha!
 2016 & 2017 Birthday Greet
2019 Birthday Greet (sorry for the messy room :P ) 
With all 3 of my birthdays here, they always give and surprise me at the first few minutes of my day, and I am very much thankful for that. Of course, my family and friends who were time-zones apart from me never forget this day of mine especially my loving family (who I misses so much already). The mere fact that they gave me their sweetest wishes and regards were good reasons enough to be so very grateful for them.

Since I am not a child anymore and am a full-grown adult now, birthdays are no reasons for me to leave from work so yes I got to continue taking care of patients in the Operating Room. That being said, I got to have a simple pizza celebration with my colleagues.  It was a good thing that we were not that busy that day unlike all the other days that we tend to get our lunch during snack time already! hahaha! God really was favoring me that day. :)
pizza monster! nom nom!!

That day was really a whole day celebration for me, or more like an eat-all-you-can-birthday. After work, I headed straight down to Applebee's and got myself the foods that I have been craving for. You see, I have been on a constant diet for now, and I usually control my food portions but this day was an exception. You’ll be surprise in the next few minutes by how much I ate.. hahaha!



Yes. I ate those things. I ate like a horse. I pigged-out! Do not judge though. I did not have my dinner the night before as I was preparing for this cheat meal. Hahaha! You might be thinking I may have spent extravagantly for these and I will stop you there because I did not. I used a promo from Urban Point which is an app in Qatar that allows you to avail an array of offers just for 15QAR a month! The price only applies to ooredoo subscribers but can be purchased by those using other networks but in a much expensive fee. They usually give a Buy-1-Get-1 promo on their partnered restaurants. To check out my Urban Point experience, click here.
I availed the Main Course & Snack offers

So,  making full use of the saving I was gonna get, I ordered myself the Blue Coconut Margarita, Fried Calamari, Buffalo Wings, a Beef Back Ribs in Honey BBQ Sauce and a Maple Butter Blondie.

All the calories I've taken in here were all so worth it, specially with the dessert. Everything is just perfect together with the ice-cold vanilla ice cream on top of a warm chewy blondie that were then served in a sizzling layer of maple butter sauce. I think this was the star from all the food I've indulged in -- an over-the-top good, I may say.


 ----
And that is how April 24, 2019 went by. I am truly grateful to God for giving me these wonderful 27 years. I am thankful for all the highs, the lows, the laughter, the tears, the blessings, the lessons, the love, the hate. Everything. To my family who are always there to encourage and show me their unending love and never gets tired  of all my dramas — thank you. Grateful for all the people surrounding me, both physically and even miles apart, who keep on supporting me all the way.  And I am looking forward to another blessed year ahead. 








You Might Also Like

0 Comments