A Magical Day in Melbourne

January 14, 2020

Hello again! Here I am, doing yet another come back post that has become a norm for me. Hahaha. I am sorry for that as I have been very busy with my nursing career, especially now that I am planning a major shift in my career. Fortunately now, I have "some free time" to spare before entering into yet again a very busy schedule, which I hope I will have a chance to write a blog post here.

Anyway, apologies for this (another) 2 years throwback post. I just have to allot just a single post into this "once in a lifetime travel" I had back in 2018.

Last October 2018, I was given an invitation to visit "The Land Down Under" -- Australia. I was very ecstatic when my eldest sister invited me and my other older sister to fly to Oz to attend her sister-in-law"s wedding. Of course, I immediately said yes, without second thought. Even though it was only a 7-day visit, still the whole experience was something I will forever treasure.

I'll start reminiscing my first few days in Melbourne as this was were the wedding took place, so we landed first on this beautiful city. It was a bit disappointing that we only get to spend a few days here because I am telling you, 3 days were not enough to fully enjoy what this city has to offer. So we had to make sure that every second of our stay would be truly worthwhile. 

To make the most out of this, we roam around and visited the most popular areas in the city. It was a good thing that the public transportation here was very accessible, with all their trams, buses and trains, and that made our little excursion to be very convenient and hassle free.

Store of Requirement

A shop located in Collingwood that any Potterhead would never want to miss. It was a wizard-inspired novelty shop showcasing Harry Potter goodies. Indeed, it has lived up to its chose name, as it opened its doors to public on the same day Harry Potter was born. 

Harry's invitation letters from Hogwarts have greeted me as I first stepped in to the store, along with some replica posters seen from the movie that lined its wall.

A lot of things from the movie can be seen, including the wands, and of course, who would ever forget the precious horcruxes?

It was a shame, I was not able to bring this Harry Potter plushie back home with me because it was too big for me to bring it with my luggage so this snapshot would made up for this misfortune. 


To make the most out of this magical experience, I got myself a Butterscotch beer, just like the butterbeer being served to wizards. To be honest, it was not the taste I was expecting, as I was waiting for some bite from the bitterness of a root beer or alcohol but nah, I don't mind though. It was still delish, with its creamy butterscotch flavor and fizzy kick from the soda.

Old Treasury Building

As we go along on our first day in Melbourne, we stumbled upon this free-admission museum which exhibited the city’s history, architecture and contemporary life. We need not to pay anything, so yeah we grabbed this opportunity to learn the history of the city.

Brighton Bathing Boxes

Running along the Middle Brighton Beach were these picturesque bathing boxes,  which was only a short walk from the train station. These iconic tourist attraction were pivately owned but were free to take photos with, just as long as you have the patience to wait in queue with all the other tourists especially those bathing boxes that were popular amongst all like that with the painting of Australia flag. 

Here, you can see a lot of uniformly structured bath houses lining the shore of Brighton beach, all were distinct from each other which were pretty much refreshing to the eye. And no, I did not go for a dip because for one, we didn’t have the luxury of time to stay too long and swim and then also, I did not bring some extra cloth to change with.

Eureka Skydeck

And then finally, we wrapped our first adventure day in  Australia with the bird’s eye view of Melbourne. Thanks to Eureka Skydeck, this was made possible.`


From the 88th floor, the view was just so breathtakingly stunning, especially as you see the sun sets itself out of the sky.

The view was just so breathtaking and relaxing that we decided to just sit back and let our eyes feast to this panoramic view of the city. We chose the best time to visit the skydeck as we get to experience the transformation of the whole city as the sun sets down and the city lights started to lit up. So I guess even with the price was a bit pricey, I believe that it was definitely worth it with scene that I just witnessed.

 
----

And that sums up our first day in the "Land Down Under"". My apologies once more for this very brief post. I know this isn't much of a post to be interested in and my photos and videos were more on the "newbies"side çoz most videos were only taken from my Instagram stories and I do not have the talent to make those marvelous "vlog" which is why I also stick to this traditional blog. Anyway, this is also my way of preserving all of this precious memories that I get to have with this city that I can easily relive whenever I read back to this post.











You Might Also Like

0 Comments