Bangkok Walk

June 20, 2019

Yay! I am moving forward with my blog post and I’m already here posting the last part of my 2017 vacation. Imagine that, a blog post from a travel experience back from 2 years ago? Nevertheless, I still think this is still worth sharing so here I am.

From my Wax Museum Experience and Foodventures, we are now moving on to our visit in the most notable and highly regarded place in Bangkok — The Grand Palace.


The Grand Palace is a complex of buildings at the heart of Bangkok, Thailand. The palace has been the official residence of the Kings of Siam (and later Thailand) since 1782. -Wikipedia

As this houses some of the religious statues and temples of Thailand, it is a must for those wishing to have a glimpse of this cultural site to wear modestly. And I’m telling you, they are strict with this, with all the guards that can block anyone wearing shorts or sleeveless shirts. Good thing that I was able to pass through without any guards questioning what I wore despite the fact that I was wearing an "almost" off-shoulder blouse. hahaha!.


 

We came at 9 in the morning, with the sun ready to bake anyone with its scorching heat. Even with this weather, people from all over the world have gathered up just to visit this magnificent palace. A lot of them, I may say, were scrambling their way into this picturesque site just so they can snatch a photo with it. And of course, I was also up for this.

 

It was a big challenge, getting a decent photo on a scenic backdrop without anyone blocking it. I actually needed to wait some time just so I can have an almost “solo” shot. The crowd was still unbelievable, considering the fact that some areas are still under renovation. I mean, just look at this crazy mob!

Not to take all the credits though, all these photos would be far from being instagram-worthy without my very talented photographer who also happens to be my sister, Karen. She was very creative (and most specially, patient) with my shots. Thank you so much Ate Kaye!

It was a sweltering morning that I felt like I walked for a whole day when in fact it was only for  3 hours. It was as if the blazing sun has melted away all my energy that I just settled to stay in any place cool rather than visiting the Reclining Buddha. And this was a decision I regretted the most knowing the uncertainty of when I can come back in Bangkok. Ugh!

In an attempt to make up on this poor judgement, I pleaded my family to allow me to ride the “Tuk Tuk” on our way to our next destination, that is market. It was way too pricey for a ride with almost double the price of a regular train or taxi. Or maybe we were just scammed? I don't know. But, I did not mind as this was one of the iconic way of traveling in Thailand that I should not miss.

We went on another night market but unlike the first one that we got into - Ratchada Rod Fai Night Market, this offered a lot more space, far from the elbow to elbow crowd we’ve experienced. Honestly though, Ratchada was better in terms of the food varieties. This market was more on the souvenir and fashion side. So basically, I bought my souvenirs here. And guess what? Got myself inked too! Not permanent though.

Time flies so fast that I finally get to wrap up my 2017 Bangkok tour! Booyah! hahaha! This trip was totally fun; and very unforgettable indeed, to think that I was still able to post this even after 2 years have passed. Hahaha!

----
So, I hope to see you again on my throwback travel posts! Hahaha. Please continue to bear with this untimely posts I keep on posting. I just really need to make this so as to preserve the memories. Hahaha!








You Might Also Like

0 Comments